Services We Provide
- Regular or trouble-shooting visits to nurseries and farms, followed by a full report and recommendations.
- Provision of reports on plant production techniques, analytical sample interpretation and crop improvement strategies.
- Fruit quality improvement plans, in conjunction with shelf-life and packing considerations.
- Advice on research and development and also new product development.
- Secretarial services supplied to the UK Tomato Working Party since April, 2011.
New Glasshouse Projects
- Site considerations and organic soil preparation.
- Hydroponic production systems.
- Integration of new production techniques, for example nutrient recirculation.
Analytical Result Interpretation
- Hydroponic solution.
- Substrate, coir and soil samples.
- Plant tissue.
- Nutrient recirculation advice.
- Input fertiliser recommendations, including hydroponics, substrates and soil.
- Pesticide residue analysis.
- Pesticide reduction plans.
Crop Improvement Planning
- New production techniques.
- Alternative input strategies, for example water, nutrients and carbon dioxide.
- Variety trials and on-site research.
Talks and Presentations
- We regularly run plant nutrition courses for commercial growers and give evening talks on tomatoes and horticultural crops. To find out more, or to book a talk or course, contact us for more details.
- Member of the Royal Horticultural Society (6324622)
- Member of the Register of Practitioners for Pesticide Advice (BASIS E/1289/H)
- Registered with the Fertiliser Advisers Certification and Training Scheme which allows us to to sell and advise on fertilisers (FACTS / 01106)